Gallery Assistant – SHOP Taka Ishii Gallery (Hong Kong)
SHOP Taka Ishii Gallery, Hong Kong was established in 2018 as a branch of the prominent Japanese gallery. We are seeking a full-time Gallery Assistant with high self-motivation and passion about art. He/she will work closely with the gallery team providing administrative, coordination, and sales support on all gallery day-to-day operations, exhibitions and art fairs; and shall maintain a welcoming atmosphere in the gallery and provide general assistance to visitors.
- Provide a good level of service for all administrative tasks, involving working in coordination with both teams in Hong Kong and Tokyo;
- Daily operation duties include: maintenance of the gallery space, welcoming visitors, answering enquiries, handling local and international sales of artworks, books and merchandise; post-sales administrations; condition checking of artworks; conduct inventory;
- Assist the team in exhibition planning, including installations, dismantling, liaising with external contractors, suppliers and photographers, as well as any other required set up tasks;
- Assist in the import and export shipment of artworks, including liaising with the Tokyo team and art handling companies, and preparing relevant documents;
- Handling and packing artworks according to the gallery’s protocol;
- Research for current exhibitions in order to convey to visitors the concepts behind each show; Hosting private guided tours;
- Assist in content writing and graphic designs for PR & Marketing, including press releases, social media accounts, website, promotion campaigns;
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- University degree holder, preferably in Fine Arts, Art History, Literature or related fields;
- Previous work experience in art gallery, museum and other art institutions is preferred;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin);
- Strong people skills – you will be the face of the gallery and required to interact clients and suppliers on a regular basis;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, responsible, able to work independently and with a team;
- Strong skills in coordination, time management, and problem solving;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multicultural work environment;
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred;
- Experience in handling and packing artworks is preferred;
- Immediate availability is preferred;
- HKID essential.
5 days per week in a rotating schedule; Tuesday – Sunday 11:00a.m – 7:00p.m
Interested candidates please send your CV, writing samples and design portfolio to email@example.com